Taryn Rose x Karen Kane Contest
NO PURCHASE OR CONSIDERATION OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ODDS OF WINNING WILL DEPEND ON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ENTRIES RECEIVED. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. PRIZE ACCEPTANCE AFFIDAVIT AND RELEASE MAY BE REQUIRED.
THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED, ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH INSTAGRAM.
1. SWEEPSTAKES DESCRIPTION AND ENTRY PERIOD: The Taryn Rose x Karen Kane Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) starts March 2nd, 2019 at 7:00 A.M. Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) and ends March 15th, 2019 at 11:59 A.M. EST (“Sweepstakes Period”). The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Jimlar Corporation, 350 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10118 (“Sponsor”). During the Sweepstakes Period, participants must enter according to the instructions below under “Entry”. The winner will be selected subject to these Official Rules and any terms and conditions. Entry in the Sweepstakes does not constitute entry into any other promotion, contest or sweepstakes.
2. PRIZE: One winner will receive $500 to spend on tarynrose.com via a onetime online use code (“the Code”) as well as a $500 gift card for karenkane.com ("the Gift Card"). Usage of the Code is subject to the terms and conditions associated with the Code. The Code is awarded on an “as is” basis, and cannot be redeemed for cash or used as payment for purchases of gift cards or as an adjustment to prior purchase(s) or applied as payment on any account or use for expedited shipping. The Code will not be replaced if lost or stolen. The Code cannot be used in connection with any other offers or promotions. The Gift Card can be used through multiple purchases. Total ARV of the prize is $1000.00.
3. ELIGIBILITY:Only NEW subscribers who have joined the Taryn Rose and Karen Kane mailing list between March 2nd, 2019 at 7:00 A.M. – March 15th, 2019 at 11:59 A.M. EST are eligible. To join the mailing list, visit https://www.karenkane.com/trxkk-contest. Open only to legal residents of the United States (including D.C. but excluding residents of Puerto Rico and all US territories, possessions and overseas military installations) who are at least 18 years of age or the age of majority in his or her jurisdiction of residence as of the date of entry. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply, and entry is void where prohibited by law. Submission of an entry form signifies acceptance of the terms and conditions set forth in the Official Rules. Employees, agents and consultants, including their immediate family members and members of their household, of Sponsor and its affiliates, partners, subsidiaries, distributors, franchisees and agents, including any advertising agencies and consultants, are not eligible to participate.
4. ENTRY: There is one way to enter the Sweepstakes. To win, participants must do all of the following steps during the Sweepstakes Period:
Sign up to receive Karen Kane emails and news from karenkane.com by entering your email address at https://www.karenkane.com/trxkk-contest. Limit one (1) entry per e-mail address and/or per person during the Sweepstakes Period. In the event multiple entries are received by one person and/or one e-mail address during the Sweepstakes period, only the first entry will be accepted. In the eventuality of a dispute as to any online entry, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to enter will be deemed the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor.
5. WINNERS: One (1) potential winner will be randomly selected on or around March 20th, 2019 from all eligible entries received by Sponsor. Drawings will be conducted by an independent representative of Sponsor whose decisions are final and binding in all respects. Potential winner will be notified via email on or around March 20th, 2019 with instructions for claiming the prize, and will have forty eight (48) hours to claim his or her prize. No cash or other substitution, assignment or transfer of prizes permitted, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize, or portion thereof, with a prize of comparable or greater value, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. The winner may be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release and, except where prohibited, a Publicity Release, or prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. The winner is solely responsible for any and all additional applicable fees and taxes associated with prizes’ receipt and use. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. In the event that any potential winning entry form selected for any of the prizes is discovered to be invalid for any reason whatsoever, or if the potential winner does not contact Sponsor within the time frame specified above or does not return the required Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release and/or Publicity Release, another winner will be selected, subject to the same rules and conditions set forth herein. Likewise, if any potential winner is ineligible or fails to timely return the signed Affidavit and Release(s) (if required), or in the event of non-compliance with any other requirements of this Sweepstakes, the potential winner shall forfeit the prize in its entirety, and Sponsor will award the prize to the alternate winner. Winner will receive an IRS Tax Form 1099 from the Sponsor for the total ARV of the prize, as stated above, in the calendar year the prize was won. Note: The Affidavit (if any) sent to a potential winner will require that the winner provide their Social Security Number, which will be used solely for tax reporting purposes.
6. GENERAL: Sponsor and its affiliates, partners, subsidiaries, distributors, franchisees, employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives and advertising and promotion agencies (the “Released Parties”) are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to shipping or other malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of the prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, provided that such confirmation occurs prior to the drawing. Incomplete or illegible entries are not eligible. Sponsor shall have the absolute right to determine if an entry form is in compliance with these rules. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
By entering the Sweepstakes, each participant warrants that he or she has read and agrees to abide by all Sweepstakes Official Rules, and that he or she is not prohibited from participating in the Sweepstakes. Each participant agrees to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties from any liability arising from or related to the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, personal injury, death, property damage and claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate this Sweepstakes or modify any rules as necessary for any reason or as required by applicable law. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules. Entries will become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor is not responsible for errors in the administration or fulfillment of this Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, mechanical, human, printing, distribution or production errors, and may modify or cancel this promotion based upon such error at its sole discretion without liability. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged.
7. WINNER LIST: For a prizewinner list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the address below:
Attn: Marketing Department – Taryn Rose x Karen Kane Contest
350 5th Avenue
New York, NY 10118
Requests for a prizewinner list must be received ninety (90) days after the winner of the Sweepstakes is chosen.
10. MISCELLANEOUS: All entrants agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, other than its administration, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by a court having competent jurisdiction located in the County of New York, New York. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules.